Margin lending is a great way for you to increase the size and diversity of a portfolio.
Administered by Bell Potter
Direct margin lending
With Bell Potter Online you can gear a share portfolio by trading directly from a Direct Margin Lending account. This integrated solution enables you to place orders, settle your trades and earn a decent daily interest rate on your clients' cash.
Bell Potter Online's new margin lending facility is administered by Bell Potter Capital and offers:
- A flexible loan facility
- Your clients' cash and geared shares consolidated into one trading account
- A fully automated solution, so stock holdings immediately reflect executed trades
- All trades administered by Bell Potter Capital using straight through processing, just like any other Bell Potter Online share trading account
- Free conditional orders
- An extensive approved security list
How the Direct Margin Loan works
- Loan to Valuation Ratio (LVR) and margin loan rates are benchmarked to best in market
- Earn a competitive interest rate on your cash (when your account has a positive balance). Alternatively, when your margin loan is drawn down you’ll pay a variable margin loan interest rate.
- Current headline variable loan rate is 5.35% p.a. effective 6/11/2020. For a full variable rate schedule, please contact email@example.com.
- Benchmark 12-month fixed prepaid rate for June 2021 is 3.90% p.a.
|12 month fixed prepaid rate schedule|
|$0 - $249,999||3.90% p.a.|
|$250,000 - $499,999||3.75% p.a.|
|$500,000 - $999,999||3.60% p.a.|
|$1,000,000 - $1,999,999||3.25% p.a.|
|$2,000,000 +||3.20% p.a. Email firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Orders validated online as they are placed
- See real time data for your LVR every time you view a stock or on the order pad along with:
- Set email and SMS alerts to let you know if your client's loan is in the buffer (i.e. when the margin ratio is 100% or more)
- Pre-pay interest
- Trade on the go from your margin loan account using the Bell Potter Online website or your Smartphone
|Minimum initial loan||None for variable, $25,000 for fixed|
|Minimal loan balance||None for variable, $25,000 for fixed|
|Minimum loan drawdown or repayment||None for variable (does not apply to fixed)|
|Minimum call buffer||10% of the geared value of the shares|
|Minimum loan balance||None for variable, $25,000 for fixed|
As with any investment strategy there are risks so as your first step make sure you read the product disclosure statement and the terms and conditions.
Want to know more
If you have any questions:
- Send an email to Bell Potter Online
- Call our client support team on 1800 330 088