Market wraps 4th March 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The broad Aussie market is expected to retreat 0.6% as investors roll out the playbook – and rotate to stocks benefiting from higher prices.
Investors are continuing to re-adjust their portfolios after bond yields rose again overnight.
What to watch today:
- Gold, Silver and Copper stocks are likely to see some profit taking as their base metal prices fell over 1% overnight.
- Nickel rose 0.6% overnight and Iron Ore rose 0.8%. So keep an eye on stocks in breakouts/seeing strong rallies in these areas like: Nickel Mines (ASX:NIC), Mount Gibson Iron (ASX:MGX), BHP (ASX:BHP), Fenix Resources (ASX:FEX) and Magnetite Mines (ASX:MGT).
- Keep an eye on some of the most traded stocks from yesterday: Vital Metals (ASX:VML) and Hawkstone Mining (ASX:HWK).
- Balance of trade data for January is out today – this tells us how much Australia paid for its imports and received for its exports.
- Retail sales data for January is out today – it’s expected to show sales grew 0.6% in January so keep an eye on consumer spending stocks.
- PSC Insurance (ASX:PSI) is a Bell Potter Buy, with an upgraded price target of $3.90, implying 16% upside.
- Elders (ASX:ELD) is a Bell Potter Buy with an increased price target of $13.60 target as its wool and crop businesses delivered stronger than expected earnings.
- SenSen Networks (ASX:SNS), West African Resources (ASX:WAF) and Australian Finance Group (ASX:AFG) are all giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.