Market wraps 3rd July 2020
Weekly Wrap 3 July
In a recovering market, thematic trading seems to be all the hype, with the Tech sector and its darling stock Afterpay (ASX:APT), setting all-time highs. Plus, with the market continuing its recovery, the idea of making lemonade from lemons seems to have gripped investors...
In this week’s wrap, Jessica covers:
- (0:06) What's driving the market gains?
- (0:35) Tech sector sets the trend with a near 7% WTD rise
- (1:02) Afterpay (ASX:APT) rises 20% WTD, Citi expects online & in-store use to continue
- (2:12) Mapping out a strategy: The shift to online education
- (3:09) Buy low, sell high: Opportunities in crashes
- (4:07) Iron ore exports surge
- (5:00) Trading ideas: IDP Education (ASX:IEL), G8 Education (ASX:GEM), BHP (ASX:BHP) and Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO) for consideration