Market wraps 22nd January 2021
Weekly Wrap 22 January
Positive sentiment stepped up a notch with the Aussie share market hitting a new 11-month high after rising 1.6% (Mon-Thu). And the good news isn't just local. With the electoral dust settling in the US, and China's economy continuing to grow, the Aussie market looks set to sprout new green shoots.
In this week’s wrap, Jessica covers:
- (1:40) The unemployment rate falling after 50K jobs were added
- (2:32) Afterpay (ASX:APT) becoming the 12th biggest company in Oz
- (3:03) Zip (ASX:Z1P) shares up 31%; its biggest rise in over 20-weeks
- (3:35) The battle for Buy Now Pay Later supremacy
- (5:20) New home sales hitting 20-year highs: which stocks could benefit?