Market wraps 5th February 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The ASX200 is eyeing a rise of 1% at the open.
Unemployment claims fell to 779,000 last week, less than the 830,000 claims expected.
What to watch today:
- Companies reporting: News Corp (ASX:NWS) and REA Group (ASX:REA).
- Charter Hall (ASX:CHC) holds it AGM.
- Keep an eye on lithium companies given the hype from Wall Street. Australia’s Energy Minister Angus Taylor is also encouraging the government to think about how electrical vehicles could be charged without compromising the grid. This will help the Aussie Government meet the goal of zero emissions by 2050. Some companies to keep an eye on are Galaxy Resources (ASX:GXY), Orocobre (ASX:ORE) and Pilbara Minerals (ASX:PLS).
Local trading ideas:
- Bell Potter raised Afterpay's (ASX:APT) price target to $168.50.
- Centuria Capital (ASX:CNI), GWA Group (ASX:GWA) and Baby Bunting (ASX:BBN) are giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.