Market wraps 3rd March 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The futures are suggesting the Aussie share market will lift 0.2% thanks to commodities charging.
What to watch today
- Gold stocks like Newcrest Mining (ASX:NCM) and St Barbara (ASX:SBM), which are both are in downtrends and momentum is building in a southern direction. So, it could be worth waiting if you are looking at buying into these stocks.
- Keep an eye on Copper stocks with strong share price and earnings momentum: Oz Minerals (ASX:OZL) and Sandfire Resources (ASX:SFR).
- In smaller caps, keep an eye on Aeris Resources (ASX:AIS) and Copper Mountain Mining Corporation (ASX:C6C).
- Keep an eye on some of the most traded stocks from yesterday for our active trader desk, Bell Direct Advantage. They were Peppermint Innovation (ASX:PIL) and Cannindah Resources (ASX:CAE).
- Economic data out today: economic growth data for the last quarter of 2020.
- BCI Minerals Ltd (ASX:BCI) was given a little upgrade overnight. Bell Potter maintained its Buy rating in BCI, increasing its target to $0.50, implying 64% upside.
- UBS reiterated its Buy recommendations on CSL (ASX:CSL) overnight with a $330 target.
- Suncorp (ASX:SUN), Deep Yellow (ASX:DYL) and JB Hi Fi (ASX:JBH) are giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.