Market wraps 24th May 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The Aussie share market is set to fall, with the futures suggesting the market will open 0.1% lower.
What to watch today:
- Coal futures are trading at their highest levels since 2018, so keep an eye on Coronado Global Resources (ASX:CRN).
- Oil stocks will be in focus, gaining 3% to $63.72 a barrel, as a storm in the Gulf of Mexico is expected to restrict supply.
- Gold stocks are in focus, trading higher for the 7th session.
- Iron ore rises again to US$200.
- Elders Limited (ASX:ELD) and Centuria Capital Group (ASX:CNI) go ex-dividend this week.
- Aristocrat Leisure (ASX:ALL) and Select Harvests (ASX:SHV) set to report company results today.
- In economic news, construction work completed for the quarter is released on Wednesday and private sector spending data is released for the quarter on Thursday.
- Most traded stocks by Bell Direct clients on Friday: Tyro Payments (ASX:TYR), Fortescue Metals Group (ASX:FMG) and Kogan (ASX:KGN).
- Life360 (ASX:360) has been reiterated as a Buy by Bell Potter with a $7.00 price target.
- Galan Lithium (ASX:GLN), Empired (ASX:EPD) and Bank of Queensland (ASX:BOQ) are all giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.