Market wraps 24th June 2020
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The Aussie share market is eyeing a 3rd day of gains with the futures suggesting a 0.2% lift at the open after global equities charged and ratings agency Moody’s affirmed Australia’s AAA rating.
What to watch today:
- CSR (ASX:CSR) holds its AGM.
- Following the gold rush, keep an eye on gold companies like Gold Road Resources (ASX:GOR), Newcrest Mining (ASX:NCM), Northern Star Resources (ASX:NST), Evolution Mining (ASX:EVN), IGO Ltd (ASX:IGO) & St Barbara (ASX:SBM).
Local trading ideas:
- AMP (ASX:AMP) was reiterated as a buy by Bell Potter, increasing its target to $2.50 as AMP is set to receive $1.1 billion following the sales of its life insurance business on 30 June.
- Woolworths (ASX:WOW) was reiterated as a buy by UBS following the supermarket's stronger sales numbers announced yesterday, but weaker than expected profit.
- Perenti Global (ASX:PRN) mining services company was reiterated as a buy by UBS but it dropped its price target to $2.00.
- Citi reiterated Harvey Norman (ASX:HVN) as a buy with a price target of $4.60.