Market wraps 16th April 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
US stocks smashed records this morning. The Dow Jones closed over 34,000 points for the first time. The S&P500 was up 1.1% to another new record, while the Nasdaq lifted 1.3%, setting a new record high.
What to watch today:
The Aussie market is breathing down the neck of an all-time high - we’re 1.5% away.
- Afterpay (ASX:APT) is seeing buy orders lining up. Zip (ASX:Z1P) shares are also likely to lift based off early buying, staging it for a rebound following its $400m capital raising.
- Iron ore giant, Fortescue Metals (ASX:FMG) is moving into the hydrogen sector, building a green-steel plant in Brazil, which will help FMG become carbon neutral by 2030. So keep an eye on other hydrogen stocks like HZR, QEM, PRL
- The iron ore price has risen back to a 9.5 year high. Keep an eye on Mineral Resources (ASX:MIN).
- The most traded stocks from yesterday. For our active trader desk, Bell Direct Advantage they were Magnetite Mines (ASX:MGT) and Volt Resources (ASX:VRC).
- Plenti Group Limited (ASX:PLT) was initiated as a Bell Potter Buy.
- Access Innovation (ASX:AIM) was re-stamped as Bell Potter Buy. Bell Potter expects AIM shares to jump 47% to $1.35 in a year.
- Sandfire Resources (ASX:SFR), Redbubble (ASX:RBL) and Calix (ASX:CXL) are all giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.