10th September 2020
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The Aussie share market is set to lift 1.3% at the open as investors look to buy back into the market, given it’s now back at late June prices.
What to watch today:
- CSL (ASX:CSL) goes ex-dividend today, transferring the dividend right to shareholders. So if you’ve been looking to buy CSL, today could be your day, as companies generally trade lower on days they go ex-div. Other companies going ex-div include: Independence Group (ASX:IGO) and South32 (ASX:S32).
- Sky TV (ASX:SKT) released its financial year results today, showing a 35% jump in revenue.
Local trading ideas:
- Bell Potter restamped internet service provider, Uniti Group (ASX:UWL), as a buy. Bell Potter reduced its price target by 20% to $1.75, however that still implies almost 36% share price growth in a year.
- Afterpay (ASX:APT) may be worth a look too, as Trading Central’s data tells us its shares are giving off a bullish signal, a ‘key reversal bar’ pattern, indicating its downward trend has likely broken and its shares may rise from yesterday’s close of $74.05. APT is a Bell Potter buy with a $99.10 target, Morgan Stanley backs APT with a $101 target.
- ArchTIS (ASX:AR9), a cybersecurity company, is also giving off a bullish signal according to Trading Central’s charting. AR9 shares have already rallied over 200% this year, with the company working with the Australian Government and the defence force.